Take Back Your Power
Here’s the spiritual conclusion to last week’s post, in “Isn’t That Ironic?”.
Last week’s blog post was quite long so I’ll make this one quite short. Last week I didn’t really explain the spiritual meaning, so I’ll do that this week. It’s not obvious but it’s also not difficult.
What the world’s elites are seeking is even more power—power over everyone. The ironic thing is that power really comes down to a spiritual concept. There are many famous sayings that capture this idea, like the one by Eleanor Roosevelt: “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” That is, no one can have real power over you that you do not willingly give them.
Since God dwells within each one of us—as St. Paul says, “Don’t you know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit,”—we have the power of God within us. We just have to access that power. And the power of God is Love. Ironically, love is the greatest power in the universe. We have it.
Perhaps surprisingly, the power to not be controlled by others is love. In love is the strength to align our actions with the will of God—to be guided by our conscience and not by the will of others. Even when those “others” appear to have external power over us.
We have the power to say, “No”, lovingly. Without anger, or enmity, or blame. Just, “No”. We have the power of non-violent non-cooperation. “No, I won’t go along with fraud, lies, corruption, and the abuse of power. I won’t participate in that.”
Therein lies our power, both individually and collectively, to lovingly oppose the tyranny that is being imposed on us. Just refuse to cooperate with it.
God Bless You!
· If you enjoy reading my take on life’s ironies, but sure to subscribe to this blog.
· Click here to get a short excerpt from my new book, “The Band Director’s Lessons About Life”. It’s a collection of short modern-day parables to help you along your spiritual journey in life.
· If you haven’t read my new book, check it out at my publisher, Booklocker.com or at
· You can watch my short book trailer here.
· The only place to get my new “Pocket Guide to Spiritual Growth” is right here.