Potential love does nothing. Only when your love is kinetic will you feel love. Read what I mean in this week’s edition of “Isn’t That Ironic?”.
Do you remember learning about kinetic energy and potential energy in science class, way back when? Kinetic energy is moving and potential energy is stationary. When you lift a rock up into the air you give it potential energy. As you hold the rock over your head, it just sits there, doing no work. But when you let the rock fall to the ground, its potential energy gets converted into kinetic energy. Then it can do some “work”, as it smashes an ant on the sidewalk. That’s the kind of work 10-year-old boys like to do.
There’s an interesting metaphor here for our spiritual life. Love is energy. It can be potential energy or kinetic energy. When it is “potential” love energy, it does no work. It just sits in you. No one even notices it. It cannot be felt or experienced, by you or by anyone else. It is static, motionless. It is not fulfilling its purpose. Love energy must move. There is love within you, and in great quantities, for it is the infinite Love of God.
Only when you let down your barriers to God’s love and let it flow through you will you feel love. Only then will it accomplish within you, and within the world, that revolution of love that is known as the Christ Consciousness.
It is so ironic that all of us look outside ourselves for love, when the love we seek is always right within us. We just have to let it out, let it flow into the world, flow to our brothers and sisters. Then we will feel the love that we have always sought.
Let your love flow!
God Bless You!
· If you enjoy reading my take on life’s ironies, but sure to subscribe to this blog.
· Click here to get a short excerpt from my new book, “The Band Director’s Lessons About Life”. It’s a collection of short modern-day parables to help you along your spiritual journey in life.
· If you haven’t read my new book, check it out at my publisher, Booklocker.com or at
· You can watch my short book trailer here.
· The only place to get my new “Pocket Guide to Spiritual Growth” is right here.